The past couple of weeks have been a whirlwind of activity. Since the world didn't end on the Winter Solstice, we have been blessed to be able to celebrate Christmas, my daughter's 4th birthday, and a New Year!
2012 was a year of change for us. It started off pretty slow, but as the temperatures warmed and the sun came out, change was upon us. Here are a few highlights from the year: Matt earned a new job at work as co-principal of his school; I was finally able to quit my job and begin staying home with my kids; bought a new car; Audrey started preschool; Matt had has third knee surgery (with what looks like a couple more to come in 2013).
There were a few sad times during the year as well. I lost an uncle in Texas (my Dad's brother Danny), and I lost my beloved Grandpa Nick
(Marlo G. Nichols) (click on his name for the obituary). I've never been one to handle death very well. Even though I feel very strongly that this earthly life is not the end, it's still always difficult to say goodbye. Danny was young and died before his time. Grandpa was old and tired and suffering from pancreatic cancer, but that didn't make saying goodbye any easier. I try to tell myself that death is a natural part of life, but still, that holds little consolation for me. But, like the old cliche, time "heals" everything. It never makes the hurt completely go away, but it does take the sting from it.
I feel like this post is all jumbled and out of order and context, but my thoughts are all over the place as I try to figure out what to write about and how to write it, so perhaps my time would be better spent adding pictures to this post and captioning them. That way you can see what has gone one the past couple of weeks without my rambling on. I'll try a more organized written post another day.
 |
| Goofy smile. :) |
 |
| Audrey and Kellen in front of the Christmas tree! |
 |
| Kellen becoming part of the tree. |
 |
| Our "under-the-table" hammock I made one day. |
 |
| Making Christmas Banana bread for gifts. |
 |
| Family time making banana bread on Christmas Eve. |
 |
| Christmas Eve - Gingerbread man time! |
 |
| He was so excited! |
 |
| Kellen really wants that frosting. |
 |
| So does Audrey! |
 |
| Concentrating very hard. |
 |
| Placing the candy just right. |
 |
| Audrey's, mine. |
 |
| Matt's, Kellen's. |
 |
| Happy boys on Christmas morning! |
 |
| In her Christmas dress. |
 |
| Add caption |
 |
| Didn't want his picture taken. :) |
 |
| Grumpy because everyone was opening a gift but her. |
 |
| He wore his new helmet for his new bike all morning. |
 |
| At Cody and Nora's on Christmas evening. |
 |
| Playing with part of Kellen's tool set. |
 |
| His new Ukelele. |
 |
| At the motel in Burley. She was really tired. |
 |
| Look at those blue eyes! |
 |
| Pretty Scout. |
 |
| Watching a movie together in Burley. |
 |
| Playing in the snow! |
 |
| Audrey's favorite thing to do in the snow. |
 |
| He was cold and wanted to go inside but I wouldn't let him. |
 |
| Cute smile! |
 |
| All curled up. |
 |
| Birthday girl! All dressed up for her birthday! |
 |
| All the tracks the kids made in the snow running around in it. |
 |
| Excited for her birthday! |
 |
| Excited for Audrey's birthday! He's so handsome! |
 |
| P laying with Daddy's Ukelele. |
 |
| He looks confused. Not sure why. |
 |
| Princess. |
 |
| Audrey and I on her birthday. Notice I'm wearing pink, too. |
 |
| Trying to get a good picture with Kellen, but he wasn't having it. |
 |
| Cousins (both 4), Audrey and Keira. |
 |
| Birthday bite! |
 |
| Making crowns. |
 |
| Grandma Betty. |
 |
| Blowing out her candle! |
 |
| They look so happy. :) |
 |
| Silly face! |
 |
| Later in the evening (New Year's Eve), the birthday duo blowing out their candles. |
 |
| Cool dude (my brother in law Thad visiting home from China) |
 |
| Cousins watching "Brave" on New Year's Eve. |
 |
| Scout all partied out on New Year's Eve. |
 |
| Go Mets! |
 |
| Cool little guy. |
 |
| Happy! |
 |
| Tinkerbelle and Superman! |
No comments:
Post a Comment