
Rest in peace, Lucky. You were such a good boy. I love you, and I'll miss you so much. I know I'll see you again some day. :0)
I know I have mostly baby stuff on this blog, but it is my family blog, and Lucky was part of my family.
It makes me feel little bit better knowing that most people who read this have probably dealt with the loss of a family pet. Sometimes I wonder if you come crashing down like I do, or if I am just too ultra-sensitive like everyone has always told me I am. I don't know. I have been blessed I guess - I haven't had to deal with death too much in my lifetime - I'd like to believe that God knew I couldn't handle it, but now He must know different. While it was probably the hardest thing I have ever done making the decision to end Lucky's life, I feel deep inside that it was the right decision, though that really doesn't make it any better. He had a tumor in his lung, and was having a difficult time breathing and hadn't eaten any food in over a week. We had him on antibiotics for pneumonia, but it didn't help. I have always said that I would not want my dogs to suffer, which is why I made the decision. He was suffering, and because I love him, I decided to make sure he didn't suffer any more.
Thank you for your thoughts and prayers during this time...while I am not okay right now, I will be eventually - it just takes time, and God knows best. :)
I know I have mostly baby stuff on this blog, but it is my family blog, and Lucky was part of my family.
It makes me feel little bit better knowing that most people who read this have probably dealt with the loss of a family pet. Sometimes I wonder if you come crashing down like I do, or if I am just too ultra-sensitive like everyone has always told me I am. I don't know. I have been blessed I guess - I haven't had to deal with death too much in my lifetime - I'd like to believe that God knew I couldn't handle it, but now He must know different. While it was probably the hardest thing I have ever done making the decision to end Lucky's life, I feel deep inside that it was the right decision, though that really doesn't make it any better. He had a tumor in his lung, and was having a difficult time breathing and hadn't eaten any food in over a week. We had him on antibiotics for pneumonia, but it didn't help. I have always said that I would not want my dogs to suffer, which is why I made the decision. He was suffering, and because I love him, I decided to make sure he didn't suffer any more.
Thank you for your thoughts and prayers during this time...while I am not okay right now, I will be eventually - it just takes time, and God knows best. :)
Though you're in pain now, remember that Lucky isn't. I'm sorry for your loss, I know how much he meant to you and what a difficult decision this must have been.
ReplyDeleteOh Kristina. That so made me cry. He was my favorite (next to Beau of course). I'm so sorry you have to go through that. I know words dont always take the pain away but remember that Lucky, right now, is better off than all of us. He's well taken care of. He had a fantastic life. RIP old boy. You will be missed!
ReplyDelete