Monday, February 2, 2009

A Blessed Day

This past Sunday was an exciting day in the life of not only Audrey, but for Matt and I as well. It was Audrey's blessing day.

For those of you who are not familiar with the LDS faith, a baby blessing is a basic priesthood blessing where the one giving the blessing (often the father of the baby) asks Heavenly Father for certain blessings for the baby such as health, strength, faith, etc. There are usually several participants, and the father places his hands on the baby's head in prayer. It's a very beautiful event to see and hear.














The past nine months, I would watch as other babies in our ward were blessed and dream of the day that Matt would be up front blessing our baby girl. It was a pretty emotional day for me, and I tried to keep it together, but alas- I failed miserably.

There are so many things I hope and pray for my baby girl. I pray for her health and happiness in life, and the strength to make the right decisions when she is faced with tough choices. I know how hard it is to be a kid in this world, as it hasn't been that long ago - imagine what it will be like when our children are teenagers. There will be more pressure than ever to make the wrong choices. I pray that Matt and I are good parents to Audrey, and that we will be a help to her when it comes to growing up into a humble, compassionate, driven, and beautiful young woman. I pray that she finds a man to marry (when she's 30 of course) that is like her Dad - loves his wife and family more than life itself, willing to support his family, courteous, hilarious, good sense of humor, and treats women the way they should be treated.


I want to thank everyone that was able to come to her blessing yesterday. It meant a lot for you all to be there. I also want to thank everyone that loves and supports us that could not be here - I know there are many of you that wanted to be, and that means just as much. I know Grandpa Chuck wishes he could be here for these special events, but good news - he'll be here in the Spring!!!

Here are some photos we took yesterday of family and friends who were able to come.



















Karlin, Angie, Shaydynn, and Audrey.




Uncle Thad and Aunt Shell










Aunt Shell with a very unhappy Audrey.

Keegan, Keira, Melyssa, Kelsey, David, and Audrey (Aunt, Uncle, and Cousins)



Cousin Angie, Great Aunt Colleen, and Great Uncle Owen.



Daddy & uncle Thad.







Grandma Diane and Grandpa Darryl.


Great Aunt June.







Great-Grandma Betty and Great-Grandpa Nick (Look how alert she is!!!!)

With her cousins.







Papa Milon and Grandma Joyce.

Practicing piano with Daddy.

Four generations.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Kristina, she looks beautiful in that dress! I can't believe how grown up she looks in the pic w/ your grandparents, it took me off guard! And what a lucky girl to have so many family members who love her so much!

    ReplyDelete