Boy, what a week it has been. Between putting my last puppy down on Wednesday to the recent situation with Audrey, I was about to go crazy, so I'm glad the week is almost over.
On Thursday Audrey and I decided to go shopping. JC Penney was having a great sale so I went to buy a couple of dresses. Audrey was acting really sluggish and tired while we were there, so when I got her home I put her down for a nap. Well, she slept for about 2 hours, and I when I picked her up after she woke up, she was super hot. I immediately took her temperature and it was 102 degrees, so I gave her some baby Tylenol and my new mom freak out began. I didn't know what I was supposed to do, so I called my Mom and started bawling and asked if I should take her straight to the emergency room.
She told me to calm down and said that fevers were common in babies, and to just give it some time and see how the Tylenol did. It ended up bringing her fever down, and no ER that day, but the next day she still wasn't 100%. When I got off work Friday at 5:15, I got home and Matt said she had been screaming, and she was still feverish, so we decided to take her to a little quick care office to have her looked it. It had been more than 24 hours that she had a fever and I was worried, and I thought, "Better be safe than sorry."
Well, the PA checked her ears, throat, tummy, etc., and all looked great. She still had a fever, and he said since she showed no outward symptoms of what could be causing it, he felt more comfortable if we took her to the ER to have them run some more tests.
We took her the ER at the hospital where she was born, and she was looked at by some great nurses and an ER PA (or something along those lines), but they said that she really didn't exhibit any signs for concern, and that it was probably just a little virus she picked up somewhere along the way.
It's Saturday night/Sunday morning (12:30 am), and she has had a great day. She wasn't feverish at all today - what a HUGE relief. I was about to have a nervous breakdown - you new moms know what I am talking about (or I guess any mom whose baby is sick and you don't know what's wrong). I am so glad she is feeling better, and I know not to freak out so much next time.
Besides -I made a friend at the ER. One of the nurses had her baby the day after me, and I actually remembered seeing her walking the halls when I would take Audrey down to the nursery. Both our babies are doing great! What a small world! Everything happens for a reason.
Poor baby. I'm glad she's doing better now. And trust me the "freak outs" dont end. I still get really nervous when Blake is running fevers. We've been extra lucky with Rylan but Blake was never healthy when he was a baby. You did the right things. It's so much better to be safe than sorry. Esp when they are that little cuz you NEVER know what could ail them. Keep up the good work!
ReplyDeletepoor Audrey, poor you! isn't that like the scariest thing, ever? I'm glad she is doing better and you can relax a little. i think it's worse cause she can't tell you why she doesn't feel well. Always trust your instincts, you'll never be wrong. She's so precious, i hope i get to see her soon.
ReplyDeleteThank you both for your love and comments! I know you have both been there, so that makes me feel better. :)
ReplyDelete