Wednesday, March 23, 2011

March 2011

I am taking a basic cake decorating class this month. I love to decorate cakes, but I didn't know the proper technique to do it. Turns out the proper technique is actually way more difficult than just pretending to know what I am doing. I'll post some pictures of the kiddos that I have taken this month, and then some pictures of my cake decorating adventures.




Kellen all dressed and ready for church.



Picture of Audrey I edited to really bring out her eyes.


Happy boy.


He looks startled here!





My little beauty, all ready for church.

Kisses!


My favorite little sideways grin!


Hi Mommy!



Bad turtle! I don't know what he did wrong, but Audrey didn't like it.


Waiting for Daddy to get home from a church meeting.



Still waiting. I love her purple dress!








Cake Adventures


I did this cake for Dr. Seuss' birthday this year. Thing 1 and Thing 2. Pre-decorating class.


I tried my hand at fondant (pre-decorating class). Not horrible for having no idea what I was doing.



Dr. Seuss cake I did for his birthday last year.


Okay, here's an embarrassing cake. This was my first cake in the cake decorating class. My intentions were good, but the brown frosting turned out looking like cat poop. Not my finest moment in cake decorating class. It had so much potential....



Here are my cupcakes from my most recent class. We were learning flowers. I did much better this time around, though I was limited on time to let the flowers dry, my frosting was a little too thin, and I didn't have as many colors as I wanted.





This was my favorite cupcake.


2 comments:

  1. Kellen and Audrey are both looking so grown up! What cut kids! I love that you're taking a class in something that you really enjoy. I can't wait to start taking photography classes. I love it, but I know I'm not good, so I can't wait to learn everything I can about how to take photos correctly. That pink cupcake and the dark blue one look so tasty. I'll bet Matt is liking this cake class for all the goodies you bring home! You obviously already have a talent for decorating cakes, so keep up the good work! I can't wait to see what else you create. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I misspelled cute. I meant cute kids! Haha.

    ReplyDelete