I have neglected my blog for far too long now. About a month ago I got on the blog to upload some pictures, but the website was having issues and would not allow me to upload any new pictures. So, I thought I would give it a little bit of time and try again. Well, here we are in June - it's about time I get some new pictures up.
I am going to try to incorporate more writing into my blog now, instead of just posting photographs. Recent events have made me realize how important it is to keep in close contact with family and friends, and my blog is a great way to keep everyone updated on my growing children and family news. So, here I go:
My last posting was in March, so I have all of April and May cover. I really haven't been writing things down so I'll try touch on the highlights of the past two months.
Matt's 28th birthday was in April. I really wanted to have a fun party and spend a lot of time on a great cake, but things just didn't turn out that way. Time once again got away from me and I did not have the time to dedicate to making an extravagant cake. So, we ended up buying a store-made cake, but hey - as long as it's super chocolaty, Matt is happy. It was also my step-Dad Darryl’s 70th birthday.
May was a month full of sadness - I lost an uncle in
Now that it's June, the school year is winding down for Matt, which means he is super busy. Between May awards, concerts, end-of-the-year parties, graduation, meetings, etc., I feel like I never get to see him during the last few weeks of school. Happily, the school year does come to an end, and I always look forward to summer when we will have more time together as a family.
Summer also means less sickness (hopefully)!! Our household has been hit hard with sicknesses in the last couple of months, and everyone except me has been on one antibiotic or another off an on. Finally we seem to be over all the diseases, so I am hoping that this summer is disease-free and super healthy! On a similar note, I have spent the last 5 months losing 35 pounds. Another 15 lbs and I will hit my goal! I am hoping by the end of summer I will have it the big 5-0!!
Lastly, on both a happy and sad note, my sister-in-law and her husband moved away to
If I have forgotten to mention any major events or news, please forgive me. Half the time I don’t know if I am coming or going, but such is the life of a mom with two young kids in diapers I guess.
Before I end this posting, please keep the many victims of the terrible weather and tornadoes in your prayers. My cousin Cale was just one of the victims – he lost his home and his car to the
Now, here are some pictures from the last couple of months.
Happy 70th birthday to Darryl!
My Dad, his siblings Danny who recently passed away, Kathy who has passed away, and Donald Ray who lives in Texas.
Happy birthday Dad!
Last McDaniel family picture before Michell and Thad left for the foreign service. Notice the bat. Long history there, but my mother-in-law hates bats, so I had to photo-shop one in.
My blue-eyed boy!
Kellen and I at the party.
Thad with his high school friends Justin and Josh.
Thad and Matt looking at old photos.
Kellen in his swing that Audrey calls the "pumpkin" swing.
The kids look great! They seem to love their new swing set. :)
ReplyDelete