And so summer begins, and with it comes outdoor summer
projects! Our summer project this year was to build a deck in our back yard. We had a tiny patio space, but it just wasn’t
big enough for anything! We discussed
several possibilities – garden stones, adding another pad of concrete, or a
wooden deck. We decided on a wooden
deck, and Matt being the crafty man that he is brought out is
quickly-filling-up graph book of projects and got to work. I have absolutely no sense of vision when it
comes to these things, so I rely solely on his ability to envision and build,
and I’m just along for the ride.
Projects like these almost always involve a father-son
partnership…Milon used to be a wood-shop teacher and so, obviously, he is very
handy and knowledgeable with all types of wood craft. (Before starting on our deck, Matt and Milon
re-built the deck out at their house).
While I participated in screwing down a few boards and
holding railing posts (my least-favorite job), my main job was to make sure I
tracked the progress of all things deck-building with pictures! The following is a photo-journal if you will
of our deck project, beginning to end (though not necessarily in that order). Enjoy!
It looks fantastic! Did it only take a day? Nice work Matt and Milon! I like the picture of Joyce relaxing on the soon-to-be-finished deck. :) Are those little solar lights around the railing? Such a great idea, and I'll bet you guys enjoy the new deck immensely!
I think Matt and Milon had it done in about a week. Milon was building a new deck out at his house at the same time! We both have shiny new decks! I love sitting out on mine!! It's so relaxing. Makes my back-yard much more inviting. Next time you're in town we'll sit back there and chat. :)
It looks fantastic! Did it only take a day? Nice work Matt and Milon! I like the picture of Joyce relaxing on the soon-to-be-finished deck. :) Are those little solar lights around the railing? Such a great idea, and I'll bet you guys enjoy the new deck immensely!
ReplyDeleteI think Matt and Milon had it done in about a week. Milon was building a new deck out at his house at the same time! We both have shiny new decks! I love sitting out on mine!! It's so relaxing. Makes my back-yard much more inviting. Next time you're in town we'll sit back there and chat. :)
Delete