First I have to apologize for not blogging in several weeks. Life has been a little crazy since my last blog post. Grandpa's death was the beginning of a dizzying array of events from planning a small service to honor him at my house, and dealing with four cases of strep throat in the house. The first person to get sick was Audrey. The day Grandpa died, she threw up in the car on the way home from somewhere. At first we thought it might be her response to what had happened with Grandpa, because she was close to him after all. But after she threw up, for the next several days she just wasn't herself.
On the Tuesday or Wednesday after she threw up, she got a weird rash on her face and neck, which I was quiet certain was chicken pox. Though I braced myself for the big outbreak of pox all over her body and quietly planned oatmeal baths and applications of calamine lotion, my preparations were unneeded. Turns out it wasn't chickenpox at all, but rather strep throat! I took her to the doctor and had her throat swabbed, and sure enough, that's what she had.
After a day and a half on antibiotics she was a new girl. Sleeping well, eating well, and as much of a three-year-old girl who loves princesses and dress-up clothes as ever. A few days later, on the exact same evening that Matt and I were singing at a Church function, I started to get a sore throat. Over the course of about an hour I really started to feel like crap, and by the next morning it was full-blown strep.
A few day after me, Matt came down with it, and about a week after that, a hunch told me to take Kellen to the doctor (he hadn't had a fever, but had been acting like he didn't good for several days so I decided to take him in) and sure enough, he is the last one.
Finally we are all finished with our medication (with the exception of Kellen who finishes up tomorrow), so hopefully we will have nothing but health and happiness the rest of the winter season! Geeze!
Enough said about that. I think the blog post before this one was when my Grandpa Nick passed away. We had his memorial service at my home on December 2, which would have been his 82 birthday. It was a very small gathering, but as I stated at the service, I would rather have a small room with a few people who loved him dearly than a huge building filled with people who barely knew him - and that's what Grandpa would have preferred as well.
I am going to post a few pictures from the last few weeks. I'll try to keep up with my blog a little better now.
 |
| Family pictures in the leaves! |
 |
| KISS! |
 |
| Audrey was patting my cheeks. |
 |
| Flying! |
 |
| Walking in the woods by the lake. |
 |
| Family picture! |
 |
| Daddy and the kids! |
 |
| Memorial table at Grandpa's service. |
 |
| My favorite picture of Grandpa and Grandpa. |
 |
| A family picture taken about 6 years ago. |
 |
| Yummy food at Grandpa's service. |
 |
| Our living room all decked out for Christmas. |
 |
| My little princess. |
 |
| And my little prince. :) |
 |
| Grandpa's beautiful cake. It was his birthday after all. :) |
 |
| Audrey protecting the tree. |
 |
| The kids in front of the tree. |
 |
| kisses! |
 |
| Matt looking excited. Haha.. |
Your family pictures are wonderful and your Christmas tree looks beautiful! It looks like you had a lovely memorial for your grandpa and I'm sure it was something your whole family appreciated.
ReplyDelete