Well, it's happened. My first child, first daughter, first experience with mother-hood has started school. Okay, maybe it's just preschool, but it was still a very exciting day!
 |
| She's saying "SCHOOL!" |
The morning went great. I woke Audrey up at 7:30 in the morning (she is used to getting up about 8, so at first she was a little irritated that work her from her beauty sleep, but she quickly happied up when she remembered that it was her first day of school). I then went and gathered up her little brother (who is always happily awake by about 7:15 am and spends 20 minutes talking and singing to himself in his crib while I shower), and plunked them both into a warm bath. They love their bathtime, especially together. The problem is they love to SPLASH, and I usually end up drenched. Word to the wise: wear a rain coat when you bathe my children.
Anyway, after bath time it was time to get dressed for school. Audrey and I carefully laid out her outfit the night before, a super-cute chic purple dress, courtesy of Grandpa Chuck (he also sent a blue one, which she wore for three days and nights before I finally made her take it off because it was filthy), black leggings, and shiny gold boots. I also dressed Kellen like it was his first day of school in new jeans and a cute shirt, though he was just hanging out with me for the day. After everyone was dressed it was time to discuss hair. When I asked Audrey if she wanted a pony tail, pig tails, braids, Aunt Shell hair (which is a braid down the middle pulled back into a pony-tail), or curled hair, she simply answered "yes!", so I had to break them down one by one until she could choose one. Audrey finally settled on curled hair, which also meant we had to bust out the blow dryer (which Audrey isn't a huge fan of).
 |
| Happy big blue eyes! |
For those of you who have small children at home, you know that no matter how much you plan ahead and try to have everything ready, it seems like there's never enough time to get everything done in the morning. This particular morning was no different, and I was running out of time. Hair was dried and curled during breakfast time, amidst protests and cries that she wanted me to stop, but I couldn't stop with only one side of her hair curled. Besides which, I still had to take first day of school pictures!
Finally breakfast was eaten, hair was curled, everyone had clothes on right down to their socks, shoes, and accessories. It was time to don the new Tinkerbell backpack and take pictures. Audrey looks beautiful in the camera, but that child does not like her have her picture taken! I had to take about 30 shots to get some good pictures, but the mini photo session turned out fairly well and I got some great pictures.
 |
| Tinkerbell backpack. She debated between this one and a Dora bag, but settled on this. Good choice, kid. |
Believe it or not, I didn't shed a tear as I dropped Audrey off at school. I actually welcomed the thought of one-on-one time with Kellen, since we have had very little of that. When we got to school that morning, I was a little worried that Audrey would have a tough time as she had only met her teacher once, but we walked in and she ran right into her classroom. I had to remind her to get back over here and give me a kiss before she ran in.
Her first day of preschool was a first of many firsts for her and I. As I said before, she's my first baby. She will have many more firsts: first day of kindergarten, first best friends, first boyfriends, first heartbreaks, etc. But, I am determined to take this one first at a time. It's just preschool. She's only 3. I look forward to next many years filled with many firsts.
 |
| Brother and sister. They love holding hands. <3 br="br">3> |
 |
| I'm not sure what this face is... |
 |
| Happy girl! |
 |
| She looks like me in this picture. |
 |
| Post first day of school, eating a marshmallow. |
 |
| Kellen riding "Flicka". He loves riding that horse. |
 |
| Playing their harmonicas. |
 |
| Stacking cans. |
Nice boots!! :)
ReplyDelete:) Thought you might recognize those.
ReplyDeleteThat picture where you say you're not sure what she's doing, well she looks so much like you! What a cutie and I hope she had a great first day. What a milestone for her and you. I can't believe you didn't cry. You are tough! But I know what you mean about one-on-one time with the younger sibling.
ReplyDeleteI hope you're enjoying being a stay-at-home-mommy, because it sure looks like it! I love reading all the blog posts too, so keep em coming! :)